Search Free Money Making Online

Friday, January 19, 2007

Links in a Blogger hack.

The Bizarre Jokester (WOW!) left the following comment on my post "More Martian Jokes":

You have taken the hack from my blog Amazingly Bizarre.

I'm really honoured about that.

However, I feel that it is extremely unfair of you to remove the complimentary link at the bottom, as I requested very clearly on the page where you copied the code that 'Please do not remove the link at the bottom'.

Now once again, i request to you to put that link back up, since you ought to give credit (where it is due) in the way the owner of the hack wants it.

Thanks!

:)

My reply:
I liked all the little icons, which formed a neat line across the bottom of each post. I didn't link the look of the link so much though. It was in a larger font and didn't fit in line. I do understand why you would like to have a link to your blog from everywhere your icons are used, to advertise your hack and bring in traffic. On the other hand I think my readers may be distracted by so many advertisements for your blog. I will remove the hack as you wish & reconsider how to use it on my blogs.

2 comments:

Nothing said...

agree that the font was rather large - i'm working on that now - thanks for the tip :)

However, if you wanted to remove the links to my blog (which were lookin like an advertisement), i fell that if you had asked me, i would have liked it more. my reply would have been to ask you to put a small notice in your sidebar sayin that you took the hack from there, and this would serve the purpose of the advertisement as i had originally intended.

my aim in creating the hack was to increase traffic plus gain some publicity :)

so you are welcome to use the hack - and semove the link part, provided you write a short review of th hack- not even a review- just a line about it would do just fine, on the blog on which you use the hack!

and please do use it, for i really was honoured that somebody found it useful.

i had not meant to give offense, as i am not that sort of person - at least, i hope so :)

Michelle said...

Amazingly bizarre was clearly so offended by the lack of links he deleted his site. Luckily Blogger for dummies has stepped into the breach & sorted out a version for the new blogger (see social bookmarking for blogger).